Monday, March 16, 2015

Processpaintings -look from bottom and up. (NOT ready yet!)


Actually I am not sure how to go further now. 
I have used my cheap paper here. You can see how fragile the paper is if you look closely. I don´t care at the moment as I feel that I have to practise landscapes, and how to choose the right colors for it. I have fixed most of it after the paper was completely dry. The reall painting is a bit warmer in color than the photo above. Especially seen in the water where the front lines in the water is more purple, also the distant hills shows more purple as reflections in the water. 

How to go further with the painting: 
(If you skilled arty friends with a lot of collected knowledge want to give me some ideas, please help yourselves. I´m open for any ideas!)

This time is actually the first time I have mixed ALL three primary colors to get the green mix. I´ve thought that my green mixes have been too sharp. Thought I should change my thinking a bit.
I am thinking of if I can glaze on top of everything with a VERY thin mixture of a warm blue color. I guess I have to try if I want to learn any. If I do that I could leave out a white sun somewhere in the middle of the sky and also get some small white sparkles in the water from the sun. (With some sandpapering). To get the sparkles to show they need some darks as contrast.


Paper is still white  in the skyarea and at the bottom in the water.


Color´s still wet!

I´m so happy for your visit and I LOVE reading your comments! 
Wellcome back!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice as usual. I like your landscape! The mountains reflex in the water is so beautifull. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of anybody who can mix watercolors to get those fresh clean colors like you have here! I love this palette you've created! I have no advice, just lots of admiration! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the tonal quality of the distant mountains. You have been careful not to muddy the colour. I can't give any mote advice than don't overwork watercolour. Less is always more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for helping me. Yes, less is more. I´m trying not to overdo my watercolors now. To plan more ahead so that I can make it look less when painting. Practise practise practise!! :)

      Delete
  4. Catharina I love the green that you mixed but the purple mountains are perhaps a little too contrasting, and rather than receding, your eye goes straight to them. If you were to try a light shade of blue rather than the purple, that may be a better solution. Try week mixtures of French ultramarine with a little Payne's Gray, or Daniel Smith's Blue Appetite Genuine, which I often use to paint receding mountains. Hope you don't mind the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I absolutely NOT mind your suggestions Jean. I am very happy that you want to help me out. I want to learn :) :) Thank you for helping me out Jean!

      Delete
  5. I quite like the purple and green together. understand what Jean is saying regarding aerial perspective. I also never use practice paper because pigment flows so much better on good paper and this is essential I thin when doing landscapes with water and mountain scenery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it´s much better to use qualitypaper, but for now I think I need to find some nice landscapecolors first. After that I will start using more expencive paper again. I have both rough and fine Arches for exampel. But am leaving it for later on. Thank you for the comment Lorraine! I´m happy for all the help I can get! :)

      Delete
  6. Catharina encouragement, watercolor is a continuous learning in action-reaction. I advise you to work with the same paper to see how he responds to what we do, you can use watercolors discarded for this. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonia :) Yes it sure is a continous learning. A frustrating sometimes, and a great sometimes.

      Delete
  7. I have no advice, but I think this is a great background for anything you would like to add. And i like the dramatic colors !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :) Dramatic colors can been beautyful sometimes. I keep on trying different colors.

      Delete
  8. No advice from me as I'm a numbskull when it comes to watercolours, but what I DO like, very much, is that you're trying things out and learning. That's the way forward and I take my hat off to you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John :) It is a big step forward for me now, that I started again and keep on trying! I´m so happy about that I managed to start again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...