Sunday, March 01, 2015


How many of you have seen Fifty shades of Grey since Valentinesday?  I have. Twice! haha

This painting ABOVE is from one of my own photos that you can see at pmp. Not an exakt copy, a little changes to make it more "arty". Hope you like it. As you know I like light a lot, and I have tried to achieve this in this painting. And I have learnt that to achive light you must also have shadows.

The processpainting below is another aproach to the same scenery. With different techniques. (Still some wet) To be continued!


I have a couple of links that I would like to share.
The first to my dear blogfriend Pat Elliot who is trying to give her friend a helping hand. Click her to follow the link and read further.
And the second link is to another blogfriend of mine and his blogpost about Santorini and his beautyful painting of this beautyful Greek island. When I was 19 I was traveling by boat from Rhodes to Athens because I couldn´t get back home to Sweden by plane because of a greek holliday that I didn´t know about before I was going to buy a ticket back home to Sweden, so I had to go by boat insted if I wanted to go back home in time for the schoolstart. ( I spent two month on Rhodes that summer. Nice!) On the way to Athens we passed this amazing and beautyful island. I told myself then that I would have to go here some day because it looked so wonderful from the boat. All those white houses that seemed to be hanging on the cliff! I havent yet inspite of all the years but I still hope that I will be able to some day. 
Visit mystelios art blog to see this beautyful place and read the story.


I´m so happy for your visit and I really enjoy your comment
Wellcome back!

20 comments:

  1. Very nice and interesting art work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the highlights against the dark. Very striking and beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly, glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  4. A beautiful composition...and you caught lots of light !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! ;) Just like I wanted too. Thanks for your visit Jane!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful play of light and shadows, Catherina! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured a lot of gorgeous sunlight in that painting Catharina .... not easy to do. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! Happy I succeded with the light. :)

      Delete
  7. The sunlight is here for sure, and composition is so warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irina! So happy you like it :)

      Delete
  8. Hello Catharina:) Beautiful painting. I like the lovely little white flowers and their shadows. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Catharina! I love the contrast between the lights and the shadows - very striking and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you like it minnemie :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...