Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy news :) and a small and quick one I did today




Some good news  :)
Me and my daughter have started a little contact with sms :)  :) And last weekend she invited me to have some tacos at her place together with family and a friend to my other daughter. Yesterday I talked over the phone with my mother and she said she wanted to give me and my oldest daughter (she´s the one that lives with me) some money for cinema and pizza. My oldest daughter and I first went to see a movie yesterday in the afternoon, and were going to the restaurant in the evening, and after talking to my oldest daughter we decided that we should ask my youngest daughter also to follow us to the restaurant. I popped her the question via sms, and she accepted  :)
She was going with her dad to the movie after the restaurant and she asked if we wanted to come too (I was thinking of that we allready had seen a movie and that it was abit to overdo it, but we went anyway, much because I haven´t spent any time with my daughter for such a long long time and that this was good for our relationship. 

And over to my painting:
This is a very small and quick painting. The photo doesn´t really do it justise because some of the nice details (misshappenings actually) doesn´t show.  And as the painting is small it is not quite as sharp as in reality, the colors acually are a bit brighter. I´ve used a good paper: Arches 300gr. rough. I love Arches as it is a paper perfect for wet in wet painting. And it holds the water for a long time.

You see I´ve painted some purple in the front also in this painting,  a way of working with perspective using warm and cool colors. But I still miss some reds....

If you´ve missed the WIP for the last painting click HERE!

Since I posted this (30 minutes ago) I have continued some with this painting! haha I´ve made the forest one layer darker in front to get more perspective in the green. I post that in a few days time.



I´m so happy for your visit and I LOVE reading your comments! 
Wellcome back!

7 comments:

  1. That is good news, Catharina! I am very happy for you! I love this painting and I like the way that the purple enhances the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your good news! It was such a long time you had no contact with her and I am so happy for you! Really this is great to hear! And I love your new painting too! It's such a wonderful landscape you have created and the colors are phantastic! I also love the texture of the paper and I assume it must be great to paint on such a paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Catharine, very lovely and heart warming post! Enjoy your time with the daughters and painting, too. The watercolour work looks nice and fresh! Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news. I am happy for you.

    I also think the accidents are frequently the best parts of a painting. Taking advantage of the beautiful unexpected is part of creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you Catharina! Really wonderful news!
    I love what you have done with the reflections on the water, it is a beautiful landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled to hear the news about your daughter. Here's hoping things go from strength to strength for you. The painting is lovely and it's great to see you getting back into your art. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for all your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...