Friday, January 03, 2014



This is the Alltidhult painting that I got so mad about recently. I have worked some more with it and put grass infront of the tree instead of the water. The paper still is a bit bubbly, I will straighten it.
I have struggled with the root pattern of the tree as I want it to show but not too much. On the tree I have used A LOT of sandpapering to the left, and after that I let a thin mixture of both light and dark greens drop into the wet paper. I sprinkled some salt on top of it and let it dry over night. I wanted the leaves to the left to have a very soft and delicate ending, which I didn´t succede with earlier. Therefore the massive amount of sandpapering to erase the harsh ending of the leaves. I am so happy for my Arches paper, because it can handle so much. Inspite of it only being a 185 gr. paper. And you can really create beautyful patterns with salt on this paper.

Alltidhult -behind the grass
Size: 42,5 x 33 cm
Support: Arches 185 gr. 


I have also made a photo for a future link of my paintings for sale. (Not in use yet). It´s made in Picmonkey (you find the link to Picmonkey in the last post ) . 
I´m still a beginner at this Picmonkey thing. I thought you might like to take a look.



 I would be very very happy if you would visit my facebook page and 
choose to "Like" the page (top right), as it increases the number of viewers of my paintings:
(press link bellow to get to my facebook page)


 I hope that you my dear blogfriend will be blessed with a super nice and super creative year of 2014!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10 comments:

  1. Catharina - this is very lovely. I have never tried sandpaper on my watercolors. When I use Arches will give it a try. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes sandpaper is good, but I have never used it this much :D Thank you for the visit Debbie!

      Delete
  2. Tiene un luz muy especial tu bella acuarela. Enhorabuena!. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jesús! I kind of like the light myself. Hug.

      Delete
  3. sandpaper sound drastic but you have made it work and I love the salt texture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I suppose it sounds drastic, but sometimes it is a useful teqnicue ;)

      Delete
  4. I love the salt texture on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you stoped by!

      Delete
  5. The salt texture is beautiful, but I never used sandpaper on a painting. I'll have a look at Picmonkey, I like your photo collage. Catharina, I wish you a wonderful and peaceful and creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should try ones with the sandpaper. Wishing you too a nice 2014 Judy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...